Retrieval dates

Giannis

Hello!

I read online that when you cite an online source for the EE, you ought to write the date when you last accessed this source. I wrote my EE in Chemistry, and I used some online sources, but since the referencing style I used was APA6, I did not write the date when I accessed my sources. I only followed the structure of APA6.

That is, I wrote in-text citations like (author, year, p. number) for printed sources, followed by a reference in the end as: Author. (Date). Name of book (edition). City, state: publisher. Now, for online sources I wrote the in text citations as: (author, year), and in the references section I wrote the reference as: Author. (Date). Name of article. Retrieved from: ... . So I did not include the date last accessed of the source. Are all the aforementioned okay? The IB coordinator in my school, who has some years of experience, said that students are generally not expected to reference without any mistakes, but they are expected to reference at all, and that it will "most likely" be okay. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

You can't do this when you are in college/university

I will make sure I am more careful next time. There is a number of students from my class that did this, so I would assume that it is a common pitfall for IB students (either this, or there is something wrong with me and my friends :P ). Regardless, I guess the IB would "understand" and not fail us because of it. Anyway, thanks for the reply, and I'll make sure to include it next time!