Can the EE world studies RQ be too easy?

Anonymousv1

I'm currently working on 2 different EE topics right now because one seems to be too hard, whereas the other one is too easy. My supervisor is new so is unable to offer any help. The harder topic is on the illegal waste disposal in southern Italy (economics and chemistry) and I wanted to look at how the burning of waste in landfills happens and is harmful/how it contaminates the environment. Then I would talk about the tax Italy has on waste and how does it influence this. 

The alternative would be to talk about diesel (still chemistry and economics): why does it work better in cars than gasoline, what are the products of its combustion, and why are they harmful. Then I was going to talk about a particular case study in which a tax had been introduced to curb its consumption and how does that work and more economics stuff.

The problem is that for the second topic I think I would just mainly be taking stuff off the internet without adding anything personal, as all the Chemistry part will be taken from the internet, and the same will be for the tax and how it worked. I am aiming for a high grade in my EE (hopefully A or B) so I was wondering whether choosing a topic such as this one might harm my grade. Please make suggestions if you think there are ways in which I could improve any of these two titles.