History EE question Help

thisisminhhang

Hi,

I'm planning on writing my EE in History. I am focusing on the period of Vietnam from around 1980 -1990 , this is the transitioning period in which there was this thing call reform/rejuvenation , a transitioning period from  a more centralised almost everything and centrally planned market to a more capitalist and private owned business after the party failed with centralisation and state owned and all the 5 years plan. I struggle to narrow the scope or to come up with a question. I wanted to compare before and after the reform but my teacher said that's not a great idea since I cant measure how effective something is , etc . So I was wondering where can I go with this? Im also considered looking into Ho Chi Minh himself, would that be a good idea? What aspect of Ho Chi Minh can I look at then hasnt been too much research before. Since I am from Vietnam , I'll be able to look for primary evidence . I'm just struggling to come up with ideas for question. THank you so much in advance , please I am desperate first draft due in March.