T.O.K PRESENTATION

njoki

our teacher has barely given us any helpful stuff on t.o.k and i'm just not sure how to do my presentation!
the research question goes like this...

WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN REASON AS A WAY OF KNOWING AND LOGIC IN IT'S DIFFERENT FORMS? IS IT POSSILE & WORTHWHILE TO TRANSLATE EVERY ARGUMENT INTO A FORMAL LOGICAL STRUCTURE? WHAT MIGHT BE LOST IN THE TRANSLATION?

how do i go about doing a presentation on this? what should i do??

Forms of logic are only used to structure arguments, and are generally abandoned when you reach the level of being able to recognize false and true ones. That being said, if someone uses a false argument, you can use logic to point it out. That being said, I would strongly suggest finding a different topic due to the simplicity and closed nature of this one.

Please don't write in Caps Lock. It won't make anyone answer your question any faster, and it's irritating to look at.http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules Read the rule about posting normally.

What might be lost in the translation? Everything, if the language you use isn't chosen carefully to reflect your thought processes.

Do all arguments have to be logical? No, they could be irrational but you might end up having a hard tie convincing people to believe you.

I also think your question is too closed. Have you come up with any examples for it? Or are you just going to talk hypothetically about all the situations you present in it, which would give you a bad mark (since the point of TOK is to relate the topic to real life situations).

Do you have a TOK textbook to consult? Go and ask some second year IB students for help, since they have obviously been doing TOK for a while now.