Help with Physics IA topics!!! Springs

Nenab

Hi, I need help with my Physics IA topic. I was deciding on conducting my investigation on Hooke's law and springs. I was thinking of investigating the effect of the length of the spring on the spring constant. Another idea I had was investigating that if a spring with a spring constant of k was cut into four equal springs, would the spring constant of each spring be 4k. I was told by my Physics teacher that this would make a good IA if I was able to explain it correctly, however, I am still unsure. 

Would this be a good physics IA topic, is there anyway I could expand on the experiment, or should I look for a better investigation?

Anything would help

Thank You in Advance!!!

Both topics are ok. You could also investigate spring in series vs in parallel. The relationships are well known for both topics, which makes the experiment easy and almost trivial. You can get a good grade but you should look for a better topic if you want to get near perfect.