I feel like i won't get into college...

hojoko9

I really feel like i won't get accepted into college. I'm definitely not the best senior at ib by far, I personally truly believe I'm the worst senior at ib. I wish i didn't feel this way but i truly believe this. My GPA is extremely low compared to others, I procrastinate way too much, I have no sense of urgency unless someone comes and says you might not graduate with your diploma if you don't do this, I easily feel unmotivated and the list I have can go on. Worst of all, I'm failing not one, but two classes.

I'm a senior and it's the end of the first semester! I feel like a disappointment to my friends, my family, and to myself. I'm failing math studies, and French. For french, i can make up the tests i've missed so i'm not as worried and I plan to retake the tests tomorrow but my math grade is what I'm worried and anxious about. I've gotten an F on 4/6 tests we've taken and I have a 59 percent in the class. My family basically called me a failure and kept saying how am I alright with this and how do i sleep and how can i go on and how could i let this happen.

I'M NOT ALRIGHT WITH THIS, but they don't seem to get that and i feel like anything can make me burst into tears. I feel like an absolute failure and I am a failure, I'm actually going to finish a semester with an F. I've emailed her about salvaging my graded but if she can't help me i don't blame her, this is so last minute. I've been consumed and overwhelmed by all the ib requirements that me getting better at math was something i didn't think too much of until i did my IOC which was very recently and now i feel like its too late. My parents are saying I won't get into college. I've been accepted already but i feel like with the way i'm doing in math and french, they might retract their acceptance. I don't know what to do and I feel worthless and helpless. :(

• 2 months later...

Hey hey calm down first ok? I know it’s been stressful and a long ride trust me we all know how it feels but it’s not like all your efforts have gone to waste I mean you’re not a failure at all cause you’ve come so far in IB. I know the pressure it gets and the overwhelming deadlines and requirements needed but if you can’t do it then that doesn’t mean you’re a failure. Everyone makes mistake and we should all learn from them so why not start on getting your hws done as well as less procrastination always remind yourself you can do it. It’s hard to procrastinate I know and I have no right to say that you need less procrastination because I’m also procrastinating a lot but seriously if you set your mind on doing it then you can avoid procrastinating and also you’re not the worst IB student no one is trust me!

I very much understand what you are feeling and how stressul this is because Im basicly in the same situation right now. Likewise, I never got any support form my familly which, ofcourse, makes me feel horrible and worthless. See? Youre not alone! I figured that its very imortant to have a safe zone where you can feel free to express you feelongs. IB is harsh, they make it very easy to loose control and interest over the things that you were enthusiastic about before. But we're all in it so we might as well try our best. What are your cirrant grades? What are you planning to do in college?  Which college did you get an offer from?

Please try to stay as sane as possible, work your way up with tini-tiny steps, they will eventualy make a difference.