ESS IA Issue

Gabo

Hello, whoever reads this. As of right now, I have a pretty big roadblock on my ESS IA, since only recently I figured out that one of the top 5 examplar  IAs is literally the same exact topic I am working on, and it has a similar focus to it as well. I don't want to disclose the topic since its pretty hard to come up with an idea anyway, so I just wanted to ask if someone could clarify whether it is ok for an IA to have the same topic say 'The issue of pollutants in major cities' (or any other example topic you can think of), but have a different approach. Would the IB still count this as an original idea? Or does it fall in plagiarism? It really was annoying finding out that not only is the idea I came up with already used, but it is also an exemplary IA. If I am unable to continue the IA please notify me so and I start looking for another topic immediately. I know its hard to know this without any context, but if by any chance someone can tell me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.