History IA HELPPP!!!

pineapplerain

Hi everyone! 

I'm currently writing my History IA and I noticed that all the good scores (19-25) all present "different perspectives" of their topics. Can anyone define what IB means by different perspectives? Is it like perspectives from historians who are also speculating the subject or different perspectives/factors that affected the subject? Based on what I've seen in past examples, it looks like its perspectives from other historians. My question is: "To what extent did East-West migration lead to the construction of the Berlin Wall?" and the answer is extremely obvious so I don't know what to put in terms of "different perspectives". As of now, I put "While some address that the refugee exodus significantly affected the decision to build the Berlin Wall, others refute that such an influence was more deliberate."

Any help would be awesome! Please please reply soon! :) 

For the different perspectives portion, you should try to include several Historians point of views. You should compare them and find differences between the pov's of each Historian, then talk about the validity of each source. Make sure you site each source in the footnotes!

Good luck!

-bgabay

In your paper you should do an origin, purpose, content, value, and limitation of your main sources. You can talk about how one of your limitations was that there wasn't much of an opposing opinion among historians. Unless you can find at least one historian who opposes and use them as one of your main sources. It doesn't have to be a straight up historian either, anyone who argues against it works. But for the most part, the OPCVL is the most you can do at this point. 

I'm taking HL since my school doesn't offer SL. Also, my teacher wants us to do it my first year. I think if things don't go well, we have the next year to try to redo it but I'm not certain. So I guess I should just roll with saying that the refugee either quickly affected the Berlin wall or gradually affected it? 

Right, so with HL History, the IA isn't due until your last year of IB. You should run with that and try to find sources supporting both sides. You should ask your teacher what they think you'll get on it, and then make a decision on if you want to write a different IA based on that.

Right, so I did the historical accuracy of Newsies the musical.

I then went online and found a timeline of the events of the strike that occurs during it and compared it to the events of Newsies.

I found sources that said it was or was not historically accurate

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have to start with my IA and want to focus on Indian history in relation to Subhas Chandra Bose . He is a freedom fighter and had faked his own death and there were a lot of theories like he escaped to the soviet and tortured to death or that they kept him underground because of secrecy act I am getting confused about what could my question be . Please someone help me !!!