Extended Essay Group 2 - desperately need help

ibcandidate

Hello. So i wrote my extended essay in German B, the topic is about the effect of Germany’s victory in football cup 2014 on the German society and economy. This is specifiaclly linked to group 2a (sociocultural effects). The guides tell that I need to explore the effect of sociocultural aspects on language, however i am not exploring the language. Another guide, more general, which my supervisor gave me doesn’t tell that i need to investigate language and even brings a similar example to my topic as acceptable. So is this topic okay? I am desperately anxious because I am aftaid that I will fail my extended essay and my diploma due to not exploring the effect on language but on society. The research is otherwise really coherent and profound. Please help.

You can do a Language acquisition category 2b on "cultural artifacts" but it's safer if you include songs/ads/radio transcripts/media/social media responses (eg tweets). For 2a, you definitely needs to talk about the effect of cultural changes on language.

11 hours ago, kw0573 said:

You can do a Language acquisition category 2b on "cultural artifacts" but it's safer if you include songs/ads/radio transcripts/media/social media responses (eg tweets). For 2a, you definitely needs to talk about the effect of cultural changes on language. ::::::::: yeah but the 2b should be based on cultural artifacts but sports isn’t noted as one of them.

Look, you definitely needs to focus on cultural changes on language in 2a, so 2b is your best bet. Yes sport is not the artifact, but reports and responses about sports are. I mean it should be obvious that an EE about language should talk about language. If you did not talk about language, then you should revise to do so, and include language as a major focus.