Need views on my course load

DMA

Hi,

I plan to take these courses next year-

HL- Computer science, Math applications & Interpretations, Economics

SL- Psychology, English lit, Spanish ab initio. 

Does the work load look manageable? In case I want to take 4 HLs would you suggest Psychology or English lit? 

Thanks

5 hours ago, DMA said:

Hi,

I plan to take these courses next year-

HL- Computer science, Math applications & Interpretations, Economics

SL- Psychology, English lit, Spanish ab initio. 

Does the work load look manageable? In case I want to take 4 HLs would you suggest Psychology or English lit? 

Thanks

I wouldn't suggest taking 4 HL's with the type of combination in the HL's which you have taken. Please do consider only doing 3 HL's which you have taken. As these are are one of the heavy workloaders in IB after the HL Combination Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. But if you want to get decent scores in you're HL's you need to start working a lot for these scores. So, start planning on you're IA's and you're EE's as early as possible.

ALL THE BEST IN THE UPCOMING FUTURE FOR YOU'RE SCORES.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

I wouldn't suggest taking 4 HL's with the type of combination in the HL's which you have taken. Please do consider only doing 3 HL's which you have taken. As these are are one of the heavy workloaders in IB after the HL Combination Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. But if you want to get decent scores in you're HL's you need to start working a lot for these scores. So, start planning on you're IA's and you're EE's as early as possible.

ALL THE BEST IN THE UPCOMING FUTURE FOR YOU'RE SCORES.

Thanks for your advice. The reason i was thinking of 4HLs was -

(a) I have spanish ab initio that is supposed to be quite simple

(b) I have been coding in java for at least 3 years outside of school so am hoping CS will not be crazy for me (but I could be wrong)

(c) I am thinking of doing Math applications and not Math analysis and though this will be the first year this program is rolled out I have been told that it will be less of a killer than the current Math HL (but this is again risky).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DMA said:

Thanks for your advice. The reason i was thinking of 4HLs was -

(a) I have spanish ab initio that is supposed to be quite simple

(b) I have been coding in java for at least 3 years outside of school so am hoping CS will not be crazy for me (but I could be wrong)

(c) I am thinking of doing Math applications and not Math analysis and though this will be the first year this program is rolled out I have been told that it will be less of a killer than the current Math HL (but this is again risky).

But three 3 HL's is too much these days after 2015. But you can you're math analysis to Math HL.