i have no motivation and am failing

ive always struggled with procrastination but i told myself that it would change for the first year of ib. it didnt and slowly my procrastination has reached an all time low. my raw mark in chem is a fail and i just did the regular course exam and know i failed it so bad. i have 0 motivation and hate studying. im ruining my own life but wont do anything about it. has anyone gone through the same feelings. its only been my first semester of the first year of ib but im already struggling. id do better if i didnt procrastinate but lately i not only procrastinate i just feel like a failure. any advice?

Yeah I feel you. It will take time to get your motivation back. Start by making short, tangible and feasible goals (I need to find 3 sources I can use for my English paper in the next hour, see SMART goals) rather than deadlines (I need to finish this paper in the next 6 hours). You have to start small. You have to try to productive whenever possible. You can do it! 💪💪

I have the same thing but the way I got through my slump was a combination of two things. I got together with someone that was really motivated and quite strict with her studying regime and we studied together. We didn't talk we just sat and worked through our homework and made notes. The second thing was results.  For example, I made really neat notes for 2 weeks of chem that I just didn't bother doing before and afterwards I rewarded myself with chocolate(simple but it works). Make yourself do something thinking about the consequences(an hour of boredom so I won't get in trouble for missing a deadline etc.) and reward yourself afterwards.

It worked for me hope it does for you too!