CHEMISTRY (SL) IA TOPIC HELP!!

sxbkhx

Hii! So for my IA i was thinking of doing the effect of temperature on the rate of reaction between vinegar and baking soda (this question is subject to change, if u have any better ideas or ways I can improve this topic let me know).

I was just a little confused about what exactly my procedure would be for this topic so if anybody has any ideas or can help me pls let me know ASAP!! i have to tell my teacher in a couple dayss. 

2 hours ago, sxbkhx said:

Hii! So for my IA i was thinking of doing the effect of temperature on the rate of reaction between vinegar and baking soda (this question is subject to change, if u have any better ideas or ways I can improve this topic let me know).

I was just a little confused about what exactly my procedure would be for this topic so if anybody has any ideas or can help me pls let me know ASAP!! i have to tell my teacher in a couple dayss. 

This RQ is already done by my classmates already on november 2018 batch. So, i think you should start thinking of a new RQ.  You can think about rate of electroplating/galvanising of different metals. But this is just my opinion you can think about other ideas to like finding the calcium content using EDTA titration and others too.

It's fine if you do a topic someone else has done, but I just think this reaction is too fast to make any significant quantitative conclusions. A safe option is to search online for an existing procedure then look to modify it to some extent to show personal engagement (which is only 10% of IA). In general, temperature dependence are modeled by the Arrhenius equation.