Applying to Ivy League Universities: Course Selection for Philosophy

NotAProcrastinator

Hi,

I have started the first year of the IB Diploma Programme. I am taking Language A at SL, Language B at HL, philosophy at SL (I have no other choice, but so far all my grades were around 7), Turkey in the Twentieth Century (this is an SL only course only for Turkish students), Physics HL and Maths HL. I think physics HL and maths HL are quite a lot when taken together (It's not like I am bad at them, my score is generally better than most of my classmates, but I do not know how I would fare in an actual, IB style exam, since ,n my school we try to learn both the IB curriculum and the national curriculum.), but they seem to be unnecessary for someone who wants to go into philosophy in the future. I wanted to drop physics HL and take Turkish A HL instead, but I learnt that ability in physics and maths is a strong predictor of philosophical analysis skills. With that in mind, do you think I should switch? I will contact admissions offices of Yale, Stanford, Princeton, Brown, Amherst etc. as well.