Predicted grades

Nao Matsumoto

So I don't know if it is only my retarded ass school that has gone rogue from the IB system and decided to implement their own system of predicted grades that don't make utter sense at all whatsoever. 

I am fortunately a senior(thank god I can leave my ****hole school) and we have received something called "projected" grades in October of last year so that we can send those grades into university applications. 

"Projected" is a term that I have rarely come across in IB and no other schools should be using this term. Isn't it meant to be predicted grades? 

The schools defense insists that they both mean the same thing but please correct me if I am wrong, I finished my mocks this week and they are now giving out "predicted" grades. So at this point I have no idea but to be baffled at this pointless meaning of projected/predicted grades. Are they doing this process twice?  

So please enlighten me and tell me if it is only my school that has their own pointless term "projected" grades alongside "predicted" grades? If that is the case, I have just exposed the stupidity of my school. I just need to open everyone's eyes here so that they know what the REAL IB system is like out there and should be. 

Technically, IB only asks for one sets of predicted grades from your school about 1-2 months before the exams. I didn't get any predicted grades until about 2 months into year 2, but some schools in my area have gotten them since beginning of year 1. Regardless of what your school calls them, they aren't reflective or predictive about your performances until the in-class tests have incorporated a large amount of IB-styled questions and 60-70% of syllabus have been covered. I am not exactly sure what you are complaining about but I do understand how this could be confusing for you. A lot of schools I know of give "predicted" grades updates 3-5 times over the two years so twice is not excessive, to say the least. 

Ok, well in that it somewhat makes sense, I am complaining that my school has to be extra and implement made up terms that just confuse the whole IB system. Why can't they just use the term "predicted" instead of making up their own ****? 

Anyways, are IB predicted grades before mock exams sent to IB? My old school does not have any predicted grades after their mocks.