Is it better to pre-apply or post-apply? (Australia)

ConfusedRussian

I'm having a small dillema and can't find my answer on the university websites. I'm predicted a quite average score of 32 but, with a little bit of luck and a fair amount of effort, I could potentially bring that up to a 35.

I'm applying to 4 universities in Australia (16 courses in total) to start in March 2020. The initial plan was to apply as soon as the results come out (July 6th) but a lot of the universities say that some people apply far in advance (Monash - "some courses may close a few months or a year before the start of the course, while others have quotas. Aim to have your online application submitted as early as possible"). Does anyone know whether it would be possible to do both, apply relatively soon with my predicted grades and, if rejected, then apply again on July 6th for the same semester (March 2020)?

If anyone has any other experiences with applying to Australian universities (specifically Queensland, Melbourne, Monash and UNSW) any advice would always be helpful!