Can I get a 7 in the final exams with a 5 in my IA?

cybersandwich2806

So I just finished my History HL IA, and it counts for 20% of my grade. My teacher sent our IAs without informing us, and it was practically one of my first drafts. I think I'm at a middle to high 5. History is one of my stronger subjects, so I'm really worried because it was one of the subjects I was banking on for a 7. Is it possible to get a 7 if I get a 7 in the final exam?

Given that for most subjects, the IA is 20%, like in math, if I score a 7 (theoretically, I know its unrealistic lol but yeah) in all my final exams (the papers), would the scores for these subjects have a chance of being at 7?

Thanks. 

Yes a 7 is still possible. A grade from 1-7 is assigned only after IB has 100% of your assessments. An 5 in IA essentially means "this is what people who get a 5 in the end are expected to get in the IA". Another detail is that IB uses the percentage grade in each assessment. So 100% on an assessment is more valuable than 85%, the way 80% is more valuable than 65%.