(URGENT!!)Having a difficult time figuring out a history IA topic

callamae

This is my first time writing a post on these forums, and i am reaching out because I need desperate help. In my school, the class now has deadlines to when you're suppose to submit your criterions of the history IA and the EE for grading. (which makes perfect sense and establishes a system of accountability and forces you to not lag behind.) SADLY, I am a huge procrastinator and barely made it to the criterion A deadline and bullcrapped all of it. 

!!!CRITERION B IS DUE FOR GRADING TOMORROW!! :(

The area i would particularly enjoy writing about and researching is the nature of the feminist movements in the united states, particularly the second wave and perhaps what extent it reached it's goals. My topic was "To what extent did the second wave of feminism reach it's goals" but it's too broad and my teacher needed an exact timeframe. Either way it is hard to find substance on this area anyways, in archives at least. The book I was going to use is Betty Friedan's "The Feminine Mystique" but I had a hard time justifying any of my sources or books. I don't know why this is so hard for me but it may be because I haven't sat down to figure it out, but I don't have great background knowledge on or am interested in history topics of any other nature. I've seen suggestions of Coco chanel, and i could go there but i have no idea how to formulate a topic around her. 

A problem I am also running into is I don't have access to my public library at the moment because my car BROKE DOWN a week ago. Are there any online sources for book pdfs that are free or applications for free ebooks?

Sorry this is a handful. I hope someone takes the time to help me. Please tell me where to start, or what I can focus on that could pertain to shifting roles of women anywhere. Set me on the right track to formulate a good debatable topic! this forum is my last resort :"(

I honestly don't know that much about feminism waves and that kind of stuff, but a trick that you could use to narrow down your research question is focusing specifically on one prominent figure of the time and evaluate their contribution/influence on the movement. E.g.: To what extent did (Insert name) influence the feminism movement in the 1960's? (found the date on google, you might want to verify that with more reliable sources)

If your final HI isn't due yet, you might just want to ask your history teacher for help and explain that you've been having a lot of trouble (depending on what kind of a teacher you have, obviously). Let them know what you've done, and where you're having trouble. Make sure that you work hard to finish your IA if you decide to do this though! Whoever it is would probably not be very happy if you asked for help and then procrastinated until the final deadline.

Hey, I hope it's not too late if it is, I'm sorry...

I am also a history student so I understand the pain of essay questions!

Potential resources you could use, are online journal libraries such as JSTOR (which is a source that I find quite helpful).

To make your question more specific, you could also specify on one or a few certain goals of the second wave of the feminist movement rather than the timeframe, which can be pretty boring to do.

I would structure the essay chronologically by time period or by goals of the movement (if that's what you choose to do).

Make sure to include facts with dates as well as evidence and historiography for your findings.

Hope this was just a little bit helpful :)

Good luck!

• Like 1