Mandarin AB Initio Exam Difficulty

Kskm

Hey all, 

I'm in my junior year right now of Mandarin AB Initio and I was just wondering how difficult the IB exam is to get a 2 or higher. I'm sort of stressing myself out like a year before the IB exams because I'm having a really hard time with all of the characters and grammatical structures, and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do well in the future.

Thanks for the replies though.

Hey!

I never took mandarin but there is some advice applicable to IB exams a whole that might help.

Heres the thing about IB exams: It all comes down to how and what you study.

Make sure to have a look at your syllabus and ONLY study what's on there in great depth. You won't need anything else.

If you know exactly what's on the syllabus that you should do well.

Another way to find out if you will do well is to do some past papers (at this rate you won't know everything because you haven't covered all of the syllabi but it will give you an idea) Test your knowledge here for example https://questionbank.ibo.org/

And if you are REALLY sure that you can't do it you can always switch, you're still in junior year ;)

Hope this was at least a little helpful.

Good luck!