Hi, I am currently in G10 and G11 is about to start in two months. I haven`t decided whether I`ll do EE in Japanese or History yet. I take both as HL. I actually wanted to do it in History because history is more interesting than Japanese to me. And my history teacher told me that the world average for History EE is C and I think it's pretty bad! Is it true that the average is C? And do you have any ideas about the topic for EE Japanese? 

Hey! I am currently in g11 and I take history HL as well as doing my EE in it. I do not take or speak Japanese so I can't help you with that. I think that history is really interesting and could also give you an advantage as you can use the knowledge acquired in the EE in history class. I am aware that history is a difficult subject to do amazing on but it is achievable. with the EE is really depends on what you make of the topic, not of the subject you chose. You also always need to think about that there a people that get lower and higher to make the average if a C (supposing that it true) and you can just make sure that you are one the students that scores higher :) Good luck!

Hey, I would not worry about the average so much but it is much easier to do an EE in a language than history. I had the same dilemma and chose to do my EE in english. If you choose to do it in Japanese you can either do an EE on a book, or compare two books or look at a medium, such as a video, to analyse any language components. Hope this helps :)