Hi,

I had planned to  pretend to interview Bob Marley to ask about his attitude towards English, creoles and pidgins, and linguistic imperialism. The issue is that I am supposed to show how his use of language express his identity and he speaks in Jamaican English, so I am supposed to write his answers for the interview in Jamaican English too? Any ideas if I have understood this correctly?

I would really appreciate any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that's right. It'll be much more authentic that way and you will be demonstrating your basic grasp of Jamaican English. Don't forget also that you need to reveal your K&U of linguistic imperialism and the role of creole and pidgin English in his songs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voh26 said:

Yes, that's right. It'll be much more authentic that way and you will be demonstrating your basic grasp of Jamaican English. Don't forget also that you need to reveal your K&U of linguistic imperialism and the role of creole and pidgin English in his songs.

Oh you are an angel! He is usually code-switching in different interviews between formal English, Patois (creole language), so I will try to make some consistency so the teacher would understand the answers( as you said basic grasp of Jamaican Patois English). Sorry what did you mean by K&U?