History IA for DP History Year 1

AmarBoss

Hello guys, I have heard a lot about this website. I actually needed help for a research question on the Vietnam War? I had lots of interest in it for a while so finally I got the time to do some research on it. My teacher has been bugging us for this research question and I was wondering if you could guys help me out to build a research question related to the Vietnam war! I have one in mind which is: 

To what extent was American people's responses to the Vietnam War that took place in 1965-1971?

Will this be a good question to use as an research question?

Hey there!

The research question is a good start in terms of the content however you can not use it like this on your final. It is a little grammatically incorrect.

Don't feel like you NEED to use "to what extent" if it doesn't really match your question.

Instead of focussing on "peoples responses", focus on the "social impact". It gives you MORE to write about and you don't have to worry about being TOO specific because then you can run into not finding enough sources.

I would rephrase it to:

"What was the social impact in America in response to the Vietnam war (1965-1971)?" or something along those lines.

Hope I could help :)

Good luck!

• Like 2