Just started International Baccalaureate

student-failed

Subjects I am taking

HL
Chem, Psych, Visual Art

Standard

English, Math studies, Span Ab intio  

So I have just started the International Baccalaureate and I am at the stage where I am planning what I am gonna be doing for my EE. I wanted to know if could combine two subjects for my EE. 

To make sense of what I have said, I would like to look at medicinal marijuana, which would fall under chem, but also want to look at the psychological effects. So o would like to do it in both chem and psych. 

I have no idea right now... but I hope someone is able to make sense of me and help me out 😅

Thanks!!!

Hey!

You can not combine 2 subjects directly however you can do a "world studies" EE. It can, therefore, combine 2 subject areas.

However, with the topic that you chose, you can easily focus more on one than the other and still only have one subject but discuss the links between the two. (hope that made sense)

If you choose to do chem, it means you have to do an experiment so I would go with psychology unless you want to test medicinal marijuana on someone :)

Good luck, hope this helped!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, student-failed said:

Thank you for the help. I will look up world studies and if its doable I may do it but most likely stick psych cause medicinal marijuana wouldn't be something I would able to do as an experiment for Chem. 

To clarify, a World Studies EE does not allow for combination of subjects regardless of the topic. For a World Studies EE, you have to do a topic of some global (and therefore, social) significance but focus analysis in context of a particular region. The possible areas of studies for WS EE are the following: i) Conflict, peace, and security ii) Culture, language and identity iii) Environmental and/or economic sustainability iv) Equality and inequality v) Health and development vi) Science, technology and society.

It is difficult to extend medicinal marijuana use into a WS EE because there is near-zero connection between medicinal marijuana and society. Medicinal marijuana, by definition, acts exclusively on the individual level, rather than at the global level. 

• Like 1