EE Topic on War of the Roses

MiyukiKazuya

• 4 years later...
On 3/1/2019 at 6:08 AM, MiyukiKazuya said:

Hi! I’m a junior and we are currently working on our EE. I’m struggling with finding a good topic, there’s a lot of sources on The wars of the Roses and I’m struggling with figuring out the best way to go about it. My sources state more of what happened and not why. 

Hi, I'm now considering doing an EE on the War of the Roses too. If you did do an EE on this, how did you find it and what aspect of the war did you focus on? Thanks :)

On 3/1/2019 at 12:08 AM, MiyukiKazuya said:

Hi! I’m a junior and we are currently working on our EE. I’m struggling with finding a good topic, there’s a lot of sources on The wars of the Roses and I’m struggling with figuring out the best way to go about it. My sources state more of what happened and not why. 

Hey Miyuki 👋

It's great that you're working on your EE as a junior, but it sounds like you're struggling to find a good topic related to the Wars of the Roses. Don't worry, there's a lot of information out there and it can be overwhelming!

One way to approach this topic could be to focus on a specific aspect or event of the Wars of the Roses and examine the underlying causes and motivations behind it. For example, you could explore the role of religion in the conflict or the impact of economic factors on the outcome of battles.

Another idea could be to analyze the primary sources and literature of the time period to gain a deeper understanding of the perspectives and motivations of the key figures involved. This could involve examining speeches, letters, and other historical documents to gain insight into the political and social context of the Wars of the Roses.

Ultimately, the key to finding a good EE topic is to identify an area of interest that you're passionate about and that you can research in depth.

If you're still struggling, don't hesitate to ask for help! You could talk to your EE supervisor or a history teacher to get some guidance and suggestions on potential research questions to explore.