EE Supervisor Change (Urgent!!!! Comments and Help PLEASE)

selina1104

Hi,

For my EE, I am writing on Economics, and I have already completed my first formal reflection session on RPPF.

Then, I heard that my Economics teacher, who is my supervisor, will leave school next year when I am in Grade 12 and told me he won't be able to supervise me until the completion of the EE. This means that I have to change the supervisor next year when my economics teacher for Grade 12 is confirmed.

But what I am worried about is this: 1) Are we allowed to change our supervisor during the middle of our EE process? 2) Because I have already completed the first reflection form and my original supervisor signed it, does it mean that when I have the new supervisor, I should have him to sign the first reflection using his name instead of my original supervisor or should I leave it just as it is?

I am super worried about this, and I really don't know what I should do. I can't make him be my supervisor throughout Grade 12 because he said he can't, even with emails. So, would someone please answer the two questions above that I am really CONCERNED about? Thanksxx:)

Hey there!

To answer your questions:

1) Are we allowed to change our supervisor during the middle of our EE process?

In your position, you have to able to do this. If anyone says this isn't possible, you have no other option so it's not your fault. So yes, it is.

2) Because I have already completed the first reflection form and my original supervisor signed it, does it mean that when I have the new supervisor, I should have him to sign the first reflection using his name instead of my original supervisor or should I leave it just as it is?

I think it should be okay if you keep the old signature and just continue with the new supervisor. The work you have done until the point has been with the CURRENT supervisor so it would not make sense to let somebody else sign it.

I would say talk to the EE coordinator of your school and address the issue. They should be able to help you out.

Don't stress, I promise, it will be okay if you deal with the problem now. :)

Good luck!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ImFine said:

Hey there!

To answer your questions:

1) Are we allowed to change our supervisor during the middle of our EE process?

In your position, you have to able to do this. If anyone says this isn't possible, you have no other option so it's not your fault. So yes, it is.

2) Because I have already completed the first reflection form and my original supervisor signed it, does it mean that when I have the new supervisor, I should have him to sign the first reflection using his name instead of my original supervisor or should I leave it just as it is?

I think it should be okay if you keep the old signature and just continue with the new supervisor. The work you have done until the point has been with the CURRENT supervisor so it would not make sense to let somebody else sign it.

I would say talk to the EE coordinator of your school and address the issue. They should be able to help you out.

Don't stress, I promise, it will be okay if you deal with the problem now. :)

Good luck!

WOW I feel relieved now Thank you for your answer I really appreciate it!

• Cheers! 1