Uni problems - subjects and majors

Guest Osamawi

this is a big problem for me cause applying as undicided is a negative point in my application, so what shall i do?

I have a problem

most universities do not consider dt!!! and i want to study engineer and i heard the universities ask for chemistryy

First point, I edited the title. Don't shout and typing in all caps is considered shouting. Again, see the Rules. (And please, when I say see the Rules, that means please please please read them. That goes for the FAQ as well).

Secondly, answer these:

What subjects are you doing?

Where you plan to go for university?

What are you interested in?

What subjects do you like?

Ultimately we can't pick your major for you so you'll have to do the final deciding for yourself. However, answering the above question first may help.

Depending on what kind of uni you want to go to and in which country, you may be able to just choose a major and then change later as you get into the uni and try it out. However it's always better to have a quite firm idea already when you apply.

Third of all, your second thread. Might as well have all your uni problems in one thread. People are more like to answer both problems that way.

I'd have thought you'd only need Maths HL and Phys HL for engineering but then again it depends on the uni you're applying to. Are you doing Maths and Phys HL? If you are, what grades are you currently getting in them? If your grades are good, any chance of talking to the uni if they'd consider you?

You only "heard" that unis ask for Chem. Check with the unis you want to apply to first to make sure that they really do want Chem. But really, is Chem one of the absolutely needed subjects? I wouldn't think so, not unless you're doing chemical engineering or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, you do need Chemistry.

One of my good friends is planning on doing engineering, and every university he has looked at requires chem, physics and math.

Since IB Physics isnt offered in our school, he had to learn the courses on his own and then write the exam.

Also, (I dont know if you're applying in Canada or not) in Canada, Engineering is your first degree.

You don't need to do another degree and then do engineering.

I think it would be easier to help you out if we knew your exact situation.

• 1 month later...