saru

Hi, I'm planning to write my EE based on my English B subject. I'm actually having quite a hard time forming a solid question, but I've thought of a couple of topics.

- the book "No Longer Human" by Dazai Osamu. I could talk about how the author showcases the struggle of the main character, a social outcast, trying to fit in the society, before he decided to commit suicide. 

-"Animal Farm/1984" by George Orwell and how it reflects the modern society/government. Since I'm living in Thailand I'd mainly focus on the Thai politics. 

-How mental illness was portrayed by the show "13 reasons why," and what impact it may have on the viewers.

These are the topics I've thought about so far. I really want to start my EE as soon as possible, but I'm still not confident about my research questions/topics. Please take some time to help me out. Thanks.

I don't know the two other pieces of media, but the Animal Farm seems pretty used already. 13 reasons why, I heard, are an awful representation of mental illness- so perhaps that could be interesting? The first topic also sounds good, although since I don't know the story- a little bland.

I have no idea about writing an EE in English, so all this is highly subjective. 

I wish you all the best!

-Caw

• 1 month later...

I did an FOA on 13 reasons why and the glorification of suicide and it turned out really well. There’s a lot of scenes that portray suicide in an incorrect way and the whole show creates a revenge like scenario that almost makes it appealing. There were also two teen girls that took their lives because of the show. I think if you factor in all the responses and everything it could be really good. Also, let me know if you need any other help! 

On 3/5/2019 at 5:10 AM, CawAreYouDoin said:

I don't know the two other pieces of media, but the Animal Farm seems pretty used already. 13 reasons why, I heard, are an awful representation of mental illness- so perhaps that could be interesting? The first topic also sounds good, although since I don't know the story- a little bland.

I have no idea about writing an EE in English, so all this is highly subjective. 

I wish you all the best!

-Caw

Hey, thank you so much for your suggestions! Wish you the best x

8 hours ago, Maileb said:

I did an FOA on 13 reasons why and the glorification of suicide and it turned out really well. There’s a lot of scenes that portray suicide in an incorrect way and the whole show creates a revenge like scenario that almost makes it appealing. There were also two teen girls that took their lives because of the show. I think if you factor in all the responses and everything it could be really good. Also, let me know if you need any other help! 

Tysm for taking your time to respond! Turns out I'm going to write about the show after all,,,, I'll let you know if I'll need any help (if u don't mind). Wish you the best on the upcoming exam!! x