I NEED HELP WITH MY TOK PRESENTATION ://

Hello, Right now we are working on creating our final TOK presentations and I am very stuck..

For my last presentation I talked a lot about ethics and how that can effect our judgement, I have done my presentations around ethics and emotion and I feel that I'm pretty strong in that AOK and WOK..

My starter KQ: How can a lack of knowledge justify unethical conduct?

What can I fix and why?

What kind of RLS can I use for this type of question?

Thank you. 

In general, you should avoid phrasing in a way that can be interpreted as Devil's advocate. It appears that you are suggesting unethical behaviors can be validated, which may not be what you intended. It's just an observation I am not sure exactly how to fix it.

Also keep in mind that whenever you discuss ethics, you should focus on how ethical criteria are established, not to use specific ethical guidelines to evaluate something. It is exactly the same reason you would not solve math problems or pull out a supply and demand curve when talking about their respective AoKs. 

I recognize that I have only point out potential issues and did not offer any solution, but hope that helps!

• Like 1

I would suggest on reading about Foucault, and how he explained the links between power and knowledge. You could talk about how ethics has changed over time and how ethical decisions are relative to a time frame. For instance, you could talk about how it was ethical in certain civilizations to punish people in barbaric ways. Knowledge concepts which may be helpful are authority and types of biases. For instance, ethical ideas are prone to biases which may justify unethical behaviors. 

I would suggest against the against your KQ unless you are supporting the justification of unethical conduct (as that's what is posed through reading the question). If you are passionate about talking about the justification of unethical conduct then you could possibly explore the extent of how different knowledges can justify unethical conduct or maybe the extent of which knowledge can be used to evaluate ethical conduct (this can explore how you know something is ethical or unethical).