TOK Presentation Knowledge Question

Lion

I am going to perform a TOK presentation and decided it would concern the censorship of offensive language or curse words. My focus is going to be on how 'the freedom of art" and the ethical issues, meaning the freedom to express oneself and to protect (ex. underaged people). Meaning it will mainly concern censorship (language) in art.  However I am confused as to how to formulate my KQ. 

Which one of the following knowledge questions should be more appropriate to the TOK Presentation:

To what extent is art censorship justified by the government?

To what extent should the government censor television?

To what extent is censorship in television industry justified?

To what extent does censorship of language affect our knowledge?

Should offensive language be censored?

What is the relationship between language and ethics?

To what extent should offensive language be censored?

Any better ideas?

I like the first one (art censorship) the most. It clearly identifies an AoK and a relevant ToK term (authority). 

To identify both language (WoK) and art (AoK), you can say something like "To what extent is language censorship in art justified?". I would not recommend KQs that suggest too much of a bias (offensive language as opposed to simply language) or too little/broad (what is relationship between x and y). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

I like the first one (art censorship) the most. It clearly identifies an AoK and a relevant ToK term (authority). 

To identify both language (WoK) and art (AoK), you can say something like "To what extent is language censorship in art justified?". I would not recommend KQs that suggest too much of a bias (offensive language as opposed to simply language) or too little/broad (what is relationship between x and y). 

So would you recommend to use 'art censorship' (because it doesn't only focus on language) instead of 'language censorship'? Or is identifying both WoK and AoK more relevant?

Edited by Lion