URGENT ! IB subject choice - Geography SL or History SL

Marysia

Hey. I have to choose my ib subjects sby the end of this month  and I can't decide whether to take geography or history sl ?. Some other subjects that im taking are: Chemistry Hl, Biology HL, English A Hl, Spanish B SL, Maths Sl. Im not sure about what I want to do in the future, possibly sth to do with medicine or business. I just wanna keep my options open so which Group 3 subject  would you advise me to take??

Also, which one would you say is harder history or geo sl ?

Thanks is advance ;)

Hey!

With your subject selection, I would recommend taking Geo SL.

At the end of the day it comes down to your personal interests but History SL is A LOT of work at home and since you have 2 science HLs I would recommend to not make your life harder than it has to be.

I take History HL and so I know that in the first year, the SL kids have to do almost as much as the HL in less time (due to having 2 fewer lessons a week).

I have heard Geo being described as "easier" than a lot of subjects so there is the possibility of maximizing your point score (in comparison to history where it is REALLY HARD to do amazing)

Good luck :)

Trust me, take geo hl. I take history hl rn and it is so hard, especially with all your other subjects, you'd rather choose an easier one so u have time to focus on ur harder ones. Geo is as capable of being used in business, probably more than history. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, Khushi478 said:

Trust me, take geo hl. I take history hl rn and it is so hard, especially with all your other subjects, you'd rather choose an easier one so u have time to focus on ur harder ones. Geo is as capable of being used in business, probably more than history. 

Completely agreed