Psychology vs Biology Extended Essay on Neuroscience

Taif

hey guys, I have a bit of a dilemma.

basically, I want to study neuroscience in university and I was encouraged to do my EE on something related to that so that I get more recognition and acceptance in universities. I want to do it on either biology or psychology however I heard that doing it on a group 4 subject is deathly and getting an A is very difficult. Howeverrrr, I do psychology online meaning I don't have the supervisor there in person to give me verbal feedback and support me easily.

what should I do???

also is it stupid to do an ee related to neuroscience because there aren't many experiments I can do anyways???

Three things:

1) Universities may notice if you've done your EE in a relevant area - if you haven't done your EE in a relevant area then they don't notice or care about that at all BUT they will always notice if you score badly ie. do not pressure yourself to do an EE in an area which you're feeling is a bad choice for other reasons such as lack of support or ability to do relevant stuff as a school student

2) Psychology isn't a great choice if applying for neuroscience. They appear to be interlinked to the casual observer but in terms of what each discipline is about, some neuroscientists may even cry a small tear at being linked to psychology. One is a natural science and the other is a social science and they consider themselves very different, even if seeming to an onlooker to initially be dealing with a similar subject.

3) Neuroscience is fairly impossible to do some kind of experiment on as a student at school. What I would say is that science is science is science to scientists. They love to see use of the scientific method and good experimental design. You may find that a happy medium is winning some kudos by just doing a really good EE in Biology. You'll get to show your ability to create and design experiments, research, think through and write up, and those are transferrable skills to neuroscience.

Hope those thoughts help you in your decision.