What Should I Do if My Economics Teacher Doesn't Teach?

Hi everyone, I am currently looking at the date (March 14) and I have come to the realization that the Econ paper #1 exam is in exactly two months. My economics teacher has done nothing to teach us and barely has a lesson plan, to the point where I only understand limited subjects. The class does not know what to expect on the IB exam. We are just now finishing macroeconomics with our final IAs due on April 1. At this point I am expecting to get in the 1-3 range for my exam, can anyone offer me advice on how to study, as well as resources to help me score as high as possible on the exam?

Hi,

This doesn’t sound too good, but here is what you can do: I suggest that for revision you go through the questions of the official IB Economics Guide as there is nothing else they can ask you about in the exams. Have a look at this short video that shows what to look for.

As for the IAs, try and go through this website, it includes all you need to know about the commentaries. Also, as for the cover page (see attached): the rules have changed in the past couple of years, and you only need to hand in one portfolio cover page and that’s all (so no need for a cover page for each IA).

I’m here to help if you have any questions.

Take care,

EconDaddy
IB Economics teacher, examiner and tutor

www.econdaddy.com

3cse_e.pdf

• Thanks 1