What's the best way to spend this summer for IB student?

Kil- STRO

Writing your extended essay over that summer, or at least doing a bit of research and finding some ideas, is a good move. It takes some of the pressure off as the second year of IB can feel like you're suddenly asked to do a lot of coursework and your EE all at once. Similarly if you have any of the internal assessments to do, it can be nice to do them without time pressure over the summer - but this is less likely as your teacher probably hasn't given them to you yet.

The other things I did over my summer were getting work experience for my University applications and completing some hours for CAS! If the course you want to apply for at Uni requires work experience (or looks favourably on it) then the summer is pretty much a prime time to have done it.

Also relax and enjoy yourself! :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Sandwich said:

Writing your extended essay over that summer, or at least doing a bit of research and finding some ideas, is a good move. It takes some of the pressure off as the second year of IB can feel like you're suddenly asked to do a lot of coursework and your EE all at once. Similarly if you have any of the internal assessments to do, it can be nice to do them without time pressure over the summer - but this is less likely as your teacher probably hasn't given them to you yet.

The other things I did over my summer were getting work experience for my University applications and completing some hours for CAS! If the course you want to apply for at Uni requires work experience (or looks favourably on it) then the summer is pretty much a prime time to have done it.

Also relax and enjoy yourself! :)

Is it better to review topics from my DP 1, or is it better to work on new content for DP2