I need serious help!!! :O

GooseTea

Hello Guys,

My name is GooseTea (Not really) and I need your help. I am a very reluctant student and do not like to work. As soon as I sit down for HW i start surfing the web just like now:). The exams are in a year, and i am predicted a score of 20, my goal is 28 and 35 is pushing the roof goal. Although I get motivated, it doesn't last long. I'm here to ask you, because i know im not alone in this website with same problems. How are you dealing/dealt with this problem?

Thank you 

GooseTea

I think there are two things you can do immediately: setting goals for short-term and removing distractions.

28/45 is a point on the map, but you need to identify the route. Focus on the task at hand. Confused in math class? A reasonable goal would be to ask teacher after class/school/during lunch on what you were confused about that day. Paper due in 5 days? In the next 2 hours ,find/read through all the research you will need. Think of work as water corroding a rock: it takes persistence and time. Most importantly, it is about turning hard, general goals into easy, specific tasks.

Work without use of technology, or restrict use of technology. As weird as it might sound, it is physically possible to write an essay without using the computer. It is physically possible to do homework using just your notes, the textbook, and a calculator. Turn off your phone and computer when doing work. I would recommend starting with 20 minutes of no-distraction work period, following by a 5-minute break.

Best of luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1