i need motivation pls help

Literally created an account just to respond to this lmfao

I just want to stress that you should never think of dropping out as taking an L, because there are many valid reasons for someone to leave the program that aren't due to a lack of motivation. To deduce that, you should reassess what your goals are first and foremost in order to ensure you don't try and motivate yourself to stay in a program that doesn't line up with your interests.

Personally, I find that the best way to get myself motivated is to maintain a mindset that finishing assignments is a necessity. Even if it means BS'ing some of it, it has to be done. When you're taking a test, you're not having doubts as to whether or not you wanna push through and actually finish it because it's seen as something that has to be done. If you try and apply that same mindset to your classwork and homework, it can do wonders on your motivation (least that's how it's worked for me.)

If this is a program that you believe will really help you for your goals, I would highly recommend talking to your fellow classmates to see what they have to say about motivation and whatnot. This is a very rigorous program so you'll typically find that your classmates are very motivated and very well-rounded students. They can be excellent to start talking to about struggles with motivation and how to overcome them.

1 hour ago, RascaL_ said:

Literally created an account just to respond to this lmfao

I just want to stress that you should never think of dropping out as taking an L, because there are many valid reasons for someone to leave the program that aren't due to a lack of motivation. To deduce that, you should reassess what your goals are first and foremost in order to ensure you don't try and motivate yourself to stay in a program that doesn't line up with your interests.

Personally, I find that the best way to get myself motivated is to maintain a mindset that finishing assignments is a necessity. Even if it means BS'ing some of it, it has to be done. When you're taking a test, you're not having doubts as to whether or not you wanna push through and actually finish it because it's seen as something that has to be done. If you try and apply that same mindset to your classwork and homework, it can do wonders on your motivation (least that's how it's worked for me.)

If this is a program that you believe will really help you for your goals, I would highly recommend talking to your fellow classmates to see what they have to say about motivation and whatnot. This is a very rigorous program so you'll typically find that your classmates are very motivated and very well-rounded students. They can be excellent to start talking to about struggles with motivation and how to overcome them.

Thanks bud, I don't really have any good goals so maybe that's why I feel like ****

Hey.

I just want to let you know that I think I might know how you feel.

Obviously, I can't say that I fully understand as I am not you but I´ve dealt with similar times too.

The thing is, if you put the correct date in your profile, you have exams soon and that is the final stretch.

See studying and passing your subjects as an escape card from all the crap that the IB throws at you.

It will be over soon and you won't need the majority of that **** so just go for it!

Kick some ass!

Good luck :)

I didn't check how far in you were, if you are in senior year then you're in already, to drop out now would render the last four years of your life pointless. Basically, you're down to the wire, just push through another four months, you can do it.

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

i am also currently doing the IB and i am in DP1. i completely understand how you are feeling right now. but you should understand that everyone is in this together, and everyone goes through the same struggle as you are. you should just believe in yourself and do the best you can! Good luck and i know you can do it... just hold on and keep on working and going on with IB!!!!!! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, RascaL_ said:

I didn't check how far in you were, if you are in senior year then you're in already, to drop out now would render the last four years of your life pointless. Basically, you're down to the wire, just push baccarat online another four months, you can do it.

My thoughts exactly!

Edited by wheller