Which option did you choose in Chemistry

Alfabeta

There is a topic on that here. It is mainly SL, but it might be interesting anyway. (I don't know what level you're studying.)

Anyway: we're currently doing Human Biochemistry, and I think we're going to do Analytical Chemistry, although I'm not entirely sure about that. Human Biochemistry is only bad because I'm one of like... two people who don't also study biology, so the teacher keeps saying "...but then you've probably already done that in biology". Analytical Chemistry looks exciting!

Well the topic speaks for itself. But I also wanted to ask you comrads , if anyonw of you have done the industrial chemistry option. What do you think of it?

We're doing that and environmental sciences or something. Eughhhhhhhh. Apparently they're the easiest options but I don't think so. Boring = hard. :D

There is a topic on that here. It is mainly SL, but it might be interesting anyway. (I don't know what level you're studying.)

Anyway: we're currently doing Human Biochemistry, and I think we're going to do Analytical Chemistry, although I'm not entirely sure about that. Human Biochemistry is only bad because I'm one of like... two people who don't also study biology, so the teacher keeps saying "...but then you've probably already done that in biology". Analytical Chemistry looks exciting!

HaHa. thats the same problem at my school. the HL chem students, who take Bio are just rushed through the topic. I have both of them at HL, so my teacher actually told me to just go review the biochemistry with my Bio book. we have I think 3/15 kids who dont have bio, and when they ask questions in class we put them down severely for it :/

HaHa. thats the same problem at my school. the HL chem students, who take Bio are just rushed through the topic. I have both of them at HL, so my teacher actually told me to just go review the biochemistry with my Bio book. we have I think 3/15 kids who dont have bio, and when they ask questions in class we put them down severely for it :/

Our teacher won't do that option because of 1) unfairness to the physics students and 2) his hate and distaste for bio. Damnit, that option is actually easy!

Our teacher won't do that option because of 1) unfairness to the physics students and 2) his hate and distaste for bio. Damnit, that option is actually easy!

Just learn it on your own then... your teacher has no say on what you choose to do on your exam.

A lot of people in my graduating class did that option even though we weren't taught it.

Just learn it on your own then... your teacher has no say on what you choose to do on your exam.

A lot of people in my graduating class did that option even though we weren't taught it.

Apparently this year, we only get the option we learned in class to write? Not too sure about that but what I heard. If that's the case, kinda pointless to do extra work. :yes:

What I know is that you could choose whatever option you would like to write the exam. No one has the right to stop you from doing in something you like.

I personally think of doing Human Biochemistry, my teacher is encouraging me if I can look at it from a chemical point of view.

Anyhow, is anybody thinking of doing that option?

And yeah, my teacher didnt want to do it because he doesnt like teaching it. LOL

We were informed today that we're doing Environmental Chemistry instead of Analytical because our teacher is going away, and she thinks this option is easier for us to study on our own. I... completely agree with her, and most of the class seems to too.

I'm just a wee bit sad that we didn't get to do Analytical, because it looked like fun.

Apparently this year, we only get the option we learned in class to write? Not too sure about that but what I heard. If that's the case, kinda pointless to do extra work. :ashika:

Hah, that's interesting. Is this IBO's way of being eco-friendly... by only sending out the relevant parts of paper 3 to each school?

• 3 weeks later...

I hoonestly have nooo idea. Besides, it's our chem teacher's first time teaching ib chemistry, so we could say we are screwed.... :D

She herself says that she has no idea...

We covered some of modern analytical chemistry (chromatography and lnfrared spectroscopy),

we covered some of the chemistry in industry (iron and steel production),

but none of the topics completely and we didn't cover the normal contents yet.

We already talked with our ib-coordinator, as our school book is not even suited for ib (its for IGCSE for heaven's sake!),

but he said only that we will try to change the course over the time, but we, the first triers have bad luck of course.

So yes, we are screwed.

But if I could choose, I'd like to have either human biochemistry or medicines and drugs.

Environmental chemistry, we already chewed through since 7th grade (of course not it detail, but still) :D

But if I could choose, I'd like to have either human biochemistry or medicines and drugs.

Environmental chemistry, we already chewed through since 7th grade (of course not it detail, but still) :D

Probably best to do that then. I glanced at Biochem... nah too much work... so Environmental ftw! Industries is easy as hell too.

Ash - I was wrong. We still get to choose our options. :D

• 2 weeks later...