CUEGIS essay and IA

Hello,

We are practicing for our CUEGIS essay for next year, and our teacher said that we can write about the same company as in our IA. Wouldn't that be collusion? Are we allowed to write about the same company, in two different assessments?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, XXuni_loverXx said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. And it also really helps to use your IA company for your CUEGIS since you'd already know so much about the company and wouldn't have to do a lot of extra research while preparing.

Exactly! 

Btw how is your exams hahahaha, Business paper 2 tomorrow as well? 

4 hours ago, Ahmed101 said:

Exactly! 

Btw how is your exams hahahaha, Business paper 2 tomorrow as well? 

Aaaaaahhh, paper 1 was pretty good actually except I got pressed for time with the 10 mark question... when I was leaving the room, it hit me that omg that's going to the IB xD

And yeah paper 2 tmrw as well, still worried about CUEGIS after like thousands of practices

wbu?

37 minutes ago, XXuni_loverXx said:

Aaaaaahhh, paper 1 was pretty good actually except I got pressed for time with the 10 mark question... when I was leaving the room, it hit me that omg that's going to the IB xD

And yeah paper 2 tmrw as well, still worried about CUEGIS after like thousands of practices

wbu?

Samee, but for me the questions were a bit vague and i also got pressed with time but I had the 20 mark question i think ur SL hahaha. Now practicing CUEGIS....

I'm choosing Coca Cola wbu? xD 

5 minutes ago, Ahmed101 said:

Samee, but for me the questions were a bit vague and i also got pressed with time but I had the 20 mark question i think ur SL hahaha. Now practicing CUEGIS....

I'm choosing Coca Cola wbu? xD 

Yeah, I chose to kill myself with other HLs. 

Currently stuck on CUEGIS while trying to make some arguments for all 30 possibilities (now that I type it out loud, it sounds really dumb xD). I'm gonna to Apple, gotta stay loyal to the lifestyle 😂

How's Coca Cola tho>

Just now, xox said:

ok so guys i know this is not related to the question at all but hear me out please, so i wanna do something in computer science in uni maybe cs major only or maybe something related to artificial intelligence my subjects right now are

computer science hl

math application hl

physics hl

business and management sl

hindi and eng sl

but my major confusion is in which math i should take analysis or application???? and do i choose psychology over physics maybe? idk im v confused just help me out in maths whichever is better for the field of computer science but colleges in usa and uk >_<

Hey there, your subjects seem fine from what I can tell, and a friend of mine wants to AI as well and his subjects are similar to yourself. Idk about the math thing since the new syllabus is applicable to your year group first and I haven't heard much about it. From my math HL teacher, I've gathered that both are going to be really complicated with a lot of application to real-life examples.

Additionally, with your physics and pysch problem, my friend is taking physics if that helps. But I think that had more to do with the fact that he enjoyed the subject. What are your arguments for choosing pysch tho?

11 minutes ago, Ahmed101 said:

Yea true, btw do you know how to achieve a good score on criterion C in the 20 mark question (CUEGIS)? because i always score low on it in my previous mocks hahahha. Can I ask what was ur highest mark overall on the essay?

Agh, my highest yet is a 15/20 so I really need to push that up cuz my IA was real ****. For Criteria C, I usually structure my arguments as well as I can so that the balance is obvious.

1. Point - Argument

2. Explanation (Theory and Application to Business)

3. Evidence - An event or example of something the company did

4. Stakeholder Analysis

5. Balance

3 minutes ago, XXuni_loverXx said:

Hey there, your subjects seem fine from what I can tell, and a friend of mine wants to AI as well and his subjects are similar to yourself. Idk about the math thing since the new syllabus is applicable to your year group first and I haven't heard much about it. From my math HL teacher, I've gathered that both are going to be really complicated with a lot of application to real-life examples.

Additionally, with your physics and pysch problem, my friend is taking physics if that helps. But I think that had more to do with the fact that he enjoyed the subject. What are your arguments for choosing pysch tho?

Agh, my highest yet is a 15/20 so I really need to push that up cuz my IA was real ****. For Criteria C, I usually structure my arguments as well as I can so that the balance is obvious.

1. Point - Argument

2. Explanation (Theory and Application to Business)

3. Evidence - An event or example of something the company did

4. Stakeholder Analysis

5. Balance

Hmm, okay thanks so much uni lover? 😂.  Nice to meet you uni lover, Good luck and tell me how you did tom!