Sex

Mr. Shiver

Haha yeah, I think sex is still considered taboo in Korea. I didn't get a proper "sexual" education when I was still in Korea (that was up to grade 6. The only thing we learned was that the sperm meets the egg and that's about it) so I had to find out about the intercourse part, you know, how it works and etc by myself :) With some help from my friends in locating the right visual material........... :(

But then apparently in high school in Korea, they show you this video a) filmed inside a womb while having an intercourse and b) a video in which an abortion is being performed. Grotesque, kinda glad I'm not there to watch those videos.

In 7th grade, we all had to watch very graphic video footage of a woman giving birth. The screaming and unpleasant view "down there" made everyone nauseous, no matter how much the teacher tried to tell us that it was "natural".

Most of my sex education came from reading girl's magazines. The ones for 14-17 year olds have columns where girls write in with their problems and all, and they always have adverts for safe sex and keep reinforcing the importance of contraception. My mom thinks those magazines were stupid and had no benefits other than filling my brain with fluff, but she just doesn't know the truth about their contents.

My old school had one incident of a girl becoming pregnant the summer before her IGCSE's. She gave birth in March, and sat the exams in June. But the headmistress refused to let her come to school because they were afraid that it would project a "bad image". Everyone was whispering about her in the halls, and no one believed that she could actually be so stupid as to get pregnant. She was a year older than me, and I'd known her since kindergarten.

Her mother/the kid's grandmother now takes care of the kid while she goes out and parties the night away. She really hasn't learned anything from the experience, she's still drinking and doing weed. Her dad didn't speak to her for a week after she told her family that she was pregnant. Her mother, who's Japanese, took it well and promised to help her. The sad thing is, her brother become an uncle at about the age of 10.

You'd really think that in a country where HIV is so prevalent (this happened in Kenya), she'd have taken precautions. Apparently, those sex ed lessons on 7th grade didn't stay with her until 10th grade.

• Like 1

My old school had one incident of a girl becoming pregnant the summer before her IGCSE's. She gave birth in March, and sat the exams in June. But the headmistress refused to let her come to school because they were afraid that it would project a "bad image". Everyone was whispering about her in the halls, and no one believed that she could actually be so stupid as to get pregnant. She was a year older than me, and I'd known her since kindergarten.

Her mother/the kid's grandmother now takes care of the kid while she goes out and parties the night away. She really hasn't learned anything from the experience, she's still drinking and doing weed. Her dad didn't speak to her for a week after she told her family that she was pregnant. Her mother, who's Japanese, took it well and promised to help her. The sad thing is, her brother become an uncle at about the age of 10.

You'd really think that in a country where HIV is so prevalent (this happened in Kenya), she'd have taken precautions. Apparently, those sex ed lessons on 7th grade didn't stay with her until 10th grade.

Exactly why teenage pregnancies are not to be encouraged at all!

Of course there is the odd case of a lovely teenage mother, but those cases are few and fair between us.

My friend got pregnant before getting to uni in her gap year, and while she is my friend, I'm sure her parenting skills are dubious at best.

Unplanned teen pregnancy no. Safer sex for those wanting to engage in it? Hell yeah. I lost my virginity (as safely as possible at the time) when I was quite young and imho it was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Am I pregnant? No. Do I have any STDs? No. Self esteem? Yes.

Oh, teen pregnancies. They really aren't very common around here, and I don't think that the town I live in had had any for ages when I was in Junior High. But in year 8 (people usually turn 15 during that school year) one of my classmates became pregnant. She had her child in the summer, just a couple of weeks after turning 15. She didn't go to school the following year, because she was taking care of her baby (dubious quality of that care...) and I don't know how her own education went. Anyway, a couple of months into year 9 another girl in my class became pregnant! And this is a class of 25 people, and even the class normally seen as the "best" in terms of the people in it. The whole school was all "wtf is wrong with you!" and it was pretty ridiculous.

The second girl was less catastrophic than the first, though. She had a steady boyfriend and last thing I heard (two years ago), they were living together as a happy family. I don't know if she ever went to High School, but well...

So yeah: I think sex probably is a good thing, but definitely not before you've reached a certain level of maturity. (I'm loath to cite a numerical age, because I think some people are ready at 15 and some not even when they're 25. So.) But I have yet to want to experience it myself...

We should all run around naked and have sex all the time!

ya but then if you do do that, the emotion part will go away! and not as fun anymore :(

People who go around claiming that it's immoral or inappropriate usually either can't get any, or are afraid to bring it up in any other way.

no, some people chose not to have it, even if they get the option to. Because some people have been brainwashed into thinking it's inappropriate by living in certain cultures that taboo it before marriage, and would not be able to live with the guilt afterwards if they had it. There are some things the western world will never be able to understand... and this is one of them! unless you're prepared to throw your whole origin away, you can't just get up and do it! there are too many people you care about you'll dissapoint and if you weigh it out in the end it's not worth it!

Really? Me, you, here, now :)

OI! you're cheating on my in broad daylight?! death to you!

on a lighter note watch this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oPR5VVuUkBI&...feature=related

great advert!

• Like 1

Christ we're boring. At the risk of being unpopular and labelled various things: I could seriously use a good ol' sesh right now. First day back at school and there's a heatwave moving across the continent I'm on. And my EE hasn't really written itself, as I'd hoped. The draft is due in 2 days, causing me stress. Stress is bad. Bad things make people unhappy. Unhappy people start wars. Peace is desirably. Peace is not war. Happy people are more likely to be peaceful. Orgasms make people happy. Thus, orgasms contribute to world peace. Do your bit for humanity!

• Like 3

Christ we're boring. At the risk of being unpopular and labelled various things: I could seriously use a good ol' sesh right now. First day back at school and there's a heatwave moving across the continent I'm on. And my EE hasn't really written itself, as I'd hoped. The draft is due in 2 days, causing me stress. Stress is bad. Bad things make people unhappy. Unhappy people start wars. Peace is desirably. Peace is not war. Happy people are more likely to be peaceful. Orgasms make people happy. Thus, orgasms contribute to world peace. Do your bit for humanity!

I liked that last part. If only we could be like: today sucked. Orgasm! Then everything would be better

• Haha 1

Haha interesting topic.

My views on it..safe sex is a yay, unsafe sex is stupid (even between couples in a relationship). Some teen couples don't use any method of contraception besides pull out/rhythm and then the girl freaks when her period is late *facepalm*.

Personally I have not experienced sex yet, even though a lot of people think I have (I'm 18 and have been with my current boyfriend for over 2 years). We're both waiting for marriage, albeit not for the usual reasons (religion, morals, to remain pure and what have you) and that apparently surprises a lot of people.

• Like 1

Haha interesting topic.

My views on it..safe sex is a yay, unsafe sex is stupid (even between couples in a relationship). Some teen couples don't use any method of contraception besides pull out/rhythm and then the girl freaks when her period is late *facepalm*.

Personally I have not experienced sex yet, even though a lot of people think I have (I'm 18 and have been with my current boyfriend for over 2 years). We're both waiting for marriage, albeit not for the usual reasons (religion, morals, to remain pure and what have you) and that apparently surprises a lot of people.

Sadly I know quite a few people who rely on pulling out or who switch birth control and think it takes effect immediately *sigh*

On a personal note, I too am waiting but not really for religious reasons and not for morale either...somewhere in between I suppose.

I hear the implant is quite effective and doesn't have as many side effects as the pill. And it lasts for 5 years. Anyone here have any experience with it?

What implant are you referring to? An IUD (Intra-uterine device)? The one that is a copper coil and has to be fitted by a doctor?

If so, I know a teacher that got pregnant whilst using it. I don't know why her daughter felt it was a good idea to tell us how her brother was conceived, especially since it was by accident. That's all I think of now when I hear his name: You were a mistake.

But I suppose she was part of that 1% of people that do get pregnant when using it. It may cause irritation to some people, but I don't know of anyone else who uses it so I can't really say much more.

make that pre-14/15 and I'll sign that statement. Though I won't say it's a "no no" even then, there can be exceptions.

Since having sex early can increase the chance of women getting cervical cancer (which most girls aren't aware of), I think that there needs to be an age limit on sex. In England, it's 16. Which I think is fair, since people are mostly mature at that age.

14-15 is too young to actually make sensible decisions about contraception. The conversations I hear in the bathrooms between 13-15 year olds in my school are quite scary; girls these days seem to want to mature too fast and be "grown up". Too often I hear about 14 year-olds getting drunk and high on weekends, and then making out with guys while they are drunk. It's a problem everywhere of course. Then they go home and their parents make no fuss about their kids using illegal substances; it's all so normalised. Am expecting to hear drunken sex stories soon.

Since having sex early can increase the chance of women getting cervical cancer (which most girls aren't aware of), I think that there needs to be an age limit on sex. In England, it's 16. Which I think is fair, since people are mostly mature at that age.

14-15 is too young to actually make sensible decisions about contraception. The conversations I hear in the bathrooms between 13-15 year olds in my school are quite scary; girls these days seem to want to mature too fast and be "grown up". Too often I hear about 14 year-olds getting drunk and high on weekends, and then making out with guys while they are drunk. It's a problem everywhere of course. Then they go home and their parents make no fuss about their kids using illegal substances; it's all so normalised. Am expecting to hear drunken sex stories soon.

I agree to an extent. I do think that we're all trying to grow up to fast, but it's hard to saw if you should ban sex...or if this will even solve the problem. There's an age limit on drinking but that doesn't stop a lot of people. I totally agree that most of the time people having sex at that age are too immature to deal with the emotional baggage that comes with it. It's just hard to keep up in a world where sex is thrown at you from practically every aspect of you life, I mean how can you escape the influence of the media and peers?

I totally agree. Sex is an omnipresent juggernaut if you will. Everyone is making great points on the implications and effects of sex in relation to maturity. I have recently turned 18, and have well matured before this age. I have always felt sex is something to talk about in a relationship. Tell each other what you like, how you truly deep down feel about it, and how has your view changed. Kids in my school and group of friends, hesitate to discuss this important issue and then the relationship is nothing but a institution supported by your friends. That is, most people have their friends relay to the partner what they really want, which is a horrible approach in my opinion. Nor do I feel like its something appropriate to discuss in vulgar terms, and leave it all out in the open. I have had several questions about my particular experiences, and My partner and I have simply just explained everything in a neutral tone, discussing sex like the natural course of life it is. What I don’t like, is when someone covers the topic by marking the topic as if it’s a joke, something “bad” to do.

Everyone should talk about it :]]]

ya but then if you do do that, the emotion part will go away! and not as fun anymore ^_^

Haha, I wasn't actually serious about that... well half serious. I agree that meaningful sex should come out of love, but of course that's not ALWAYS the case.

Yeah, I can see why that surprises a lot of people. I think when people see a couple together for so long they take for granted that they've already explored that. So it is always shocking to find a couple together for so long that still haven't had sex. Nothing wrong with it though, of course. :yes:

I hear the implant is quite effective and doesn't have as many side effects as the pill. And it lasts for 5 years. Anyone here have any experience with it?

I'm not sure I'd like a metal piece shoved up my vagina... if you're talking about the IUD anyways. Birth control + condoms are in my opinion, the best way to practice safe sex. But to each his own I guess!

I think that there needs to be an age limit on sex. In England, it's 16.

How do you monitor whether people are having sex or not? Man, I don't even know if some of my friends are still virgins... so I have no idea how the government would know. And what would be the punishment? I think educating the populace on safe sex is key... because when you tell someone not to do something, they're just going to do it.

How do you monitor whether people are having sex or not? Man, I don't even know if some of my friends are still virgins... so I have no idea how the government would know. And what would be the punishment? I think educating the populace on safe sex is key... because when you tell someone not to do something, they're just going to do it.

I'm not saying the police should go charging into people's homes, interrupt people having sex and ask them for ID's. But people who are having sex (especially younger girls) normally tell at least one person about it. If that person is concerned about the safety and well-being of the person, they would have the option of reporting it and getting something done about it rather than being told "There's no law, so technically a 9 year old could have sex with a 15 year-old and there's nothing we can do about it."

Of course, then the law seems to be flexible, but maybe it should be. And it's wouldn't be compulsory to report people obviously. But 16 seems a sensible cut off point.

Also, there's the whole thing with younger girls being taken advantage of guys that are over 18. "I love him, that's why we're having sex" at age 13 or 14 is a bit much. They do have cases like this in England where the older man has to go to court (since it's still considered paedophilia even though he's not a 60 year old). The reverse could also happen. A female teacher in my friend's school was fired for having sexual relations with a male student. Either way, it's an unhealthy relationship because of the age difference, physical maturity as well as emotional maturity.

Yeah, I can see why that surprises a lot of people. I think when people see a couple together for so long they take for granted that they've already explored that. So it is always shocking to find a couple together for so long that still haven't had sex. Nothing wrong with it though, of course. :yes:

Yeah I guess so haha. I just hate it when he gets ragged on by guys for still being a virgin. It's easier for me because I'm a girl and people don't really question why I'm waiting. His friends all know the reason why we're waiting, but sometimes acquaintances just push a little too far (like asking my boyfriend if he's gay). I guess I can understand why..I would probably expect an 18 year old guy with a girlfriend of 2 years to have had sex too, but I would never assume there's something "wrong" with him if it turns out they don't.

Ugh, sorry haha /vent.