PatriciaK

Hey guys,

So I am currently in a maths SL class and I am not doing that bad, but I am considering dropping to maths studies because of the teacher. She is failing me now (apparently it was a mistake and she's lowering my grade for EXCUSED absences when I was sick, but that mistake should take place since it was written on my report card that im failing), and we have this weird thing now, our class is divided into four groups (every group has a leader) and every lesson we have a test or two, and before that a leader has 5-10mins for explaining a topic. We get grades for that, and my group is getting the lowest scores and those low grades are affecting our predicted grades. 

Anyways, because of that I have decided to drop to studies but the only thing that is holding me back are universities. But at the same time it is better to be sure that ill pass IB with a good grade from studies than failing SL 😕

Can someone help me with deciding on what should I do please??? 😕 

It is not recommended to do Studies if you are applying to any prestigious universities, or doing any programs related to sciences, engineering, economics, or architecture. The downside is that Studies is not a subset of SL content, so there are more statistics that you would have to know.