SL Math IA Ideas for someone not great at math

introspectivebeat

Hey there! So my math ia topic is due May 17th and my teacher has given me very little help on what it is and what topics can be used. I want to work with animals/in conservation in the future, so I was thinking of doing something like population ecology. At this point, however, I'm lost. I don't know how to find a specific topic, and I need to keep it fairly basic because math is not my strongest area. I've never done any sort of population ecology type project and I'm not even sure if that works for this ia, so I definitely need some help/inspiration. I was also wondering if something like the chi-squared test for genetic traits and then maybe distribution would work, but any advice would be great. Thanks :) 

edit: I found something about asteroid/meteor impacts that seems interesting, but I don't know how strong it would be because most of the math is through a simulator. I also like the chi-squared test to break the Caesar Shift code, is that overused?