Possibly Accused of Cheating

I think I may have been marked for cheating on Bio HL? I say this because my seat was moved from the back of the testing room from yesterday to the front today, so I would be seated directly in front of the invigilator's desk. I do not know for sure  if the reason is because of suspected cheating, but I did not cheat on this exam. The IB Coordinator and invigilators didn't really say anything about it? I struggled a little with the exam but certainly did not cheat. Would I have been immediately reprimanded if they had suspected I was cheating and not allowed to complete paper 3, or would this claim just be noted on my exam and investigated by IB later? No other students were moved. I'm kind of freaking out, and I'm really, really confused. Is my concern justified? Will I get my diploma? Did they just move me randomly? helppppppp I didn't cheat

• Good Luck 1

Sometimes they move students if it's possible for others to see their work (eg several answer booklets spread out on the table, not covering exam papers adequately). You shouldn't be worried because if someone is caught cheating, they can be removed from the exam hall immediately.

1 minute ago, notacheater said:

Ah, thank you for the reassurance. That is probably the reason as I was not actively trying to cover up/hide my answers at all.

yea I don't think any of your classmates will try to cheat but it's just better for everyone if you restrict your working space.

2 hours ago, notacheater said:

I think I may have been marked for cheating on Bio HL? I say this because my seat was moved from the back of the testing room from yesterday to the front today, so I would be seated directly in front of the invigilator's desk. I do not know for sure  if the reason is because of suspected cheating, but I did not cheat on this exam. The IB Coordinator and invigilators didn't really say anything about it? I struggled a little with the exam but certainly did not cheat. Would I have been immediately reprimanded if they had suspected I was cheating and not allowed to complete paper 3, or would this claim just be noted on my exam and investigated by IB later? No other students were moved. I'm kind of freaking out, and I'm really, really confused. Is my concern justified? Will I get my diploma? Did they just move me randomly? helppppppp I didn't cheat

You actually should have a new desk each exam session, I don't know if all schools follow it strictly but my coordinator said it's required to prevent cheating. Do you have a small class? Because what my invigilators do is set out the exams randomly and since the invigilator changes for each exam the "random" assortment of exams hasn't actually been 100% random and some people have sat in the same desk by mistake. Is this possibly the case with yours?

I'd ask if you are really worried, but you would be immediately reprimanded for that, I kid was suspected of cheating during a test once in my class and that was strict enough I can't imagine how they'd act during an exam.