IB Biology HL Papers 1/2

Gibby

How were the IB Biology HL Papers 1 and 2 for everyone? Paper one was just about as hard as I thought it would be, but I feel like they dumbed down paper 2 this year? Most of the stuff on it was stuff I barley studied purley because it was easier material. I have had plenty of tests and practice exams that were more difficult. My entire class felt the same way, I'm worried grade boundaries will be super high now though. What do you guys think?

Ok so I did the TZ2 papers, so I'm not quite sure which timezone you did.

I felt that the HL papers were really hard, both 1 and 2. There were so many databased questions in 2 that I got really confused with. I didn't think Paper 1 could get any harder. If anything, I hope they lower grade boundaries. There was a girl in the exam hall crying quietly while doing the exam and we all felt really bad for her. I don't think paper 2 was really dumbed down. I think it was slightly easier but equally hard. 

Paper 1 was just annoying and difficult. Maybe I studied the wrong material or what, but it was even harder than the November papers. I felt that Paper 1 didn't really represent the IB syllabus. I focused so much more on revising the content heavy and complex stuff. The paper was just niched things and smaller details that we don't really focus on in depth. I hated both papers and I'm glad its over. My class felt that both papers went quite badly compared to what tests we've had because we weren't expecting the type of questions that would come up. 

Edited by IBYeehaw

I found paper1 and 2 TZ2 for HL difficult too and so did my classmates ... there was also alot of processes that me and my classmates were very prepared toe xplain i.e. kidney, liver, heart, plants for xylem and phloem, cell respiration etc. and we were very dissapointed in that way. We also all focused on the more complex stuff and yes I agree that the paper was based on smaller details.