Written Assignment Help

CatarinaR

I am writing my written assignment on a Chronicle of a Death Foretold. I wanted to write about how magical realism affects the way the novel is written, but I am very lost!! Can anyone helppp?? What am I meant to talk about in my WA, and what should i focus on when talking ab magical realism?

It's generally advisable to write about a topic you have some ideas for. If you can't think of any ways in which magical realism affects the way the novel is written (and to be honest this is not a great question because magical realism is more of a genre than a device, and 'the way the novel is written' is vague as anything - you can't analyse vagueness) then choose a different topic or refine your question so you're able to answer it. You're supposed to be asking yourself a question and then trying to come up with an answer/discussion. 'To what extent' is always a good opener because it allows you to discuss and evaluate through the essay.

I would suggest going back to the drawing board. Perhaps start by looking at what you wanted to discuss in your essay and then frame a question which would encompass those things.

• Like 1