EE in English B culture (culture of western US?)

momentum_mori

Hi, my first post here i'm sorry for any mistakes.... So, I decided to write my EE in English B and my supervisor said she only supervises essays in culture so i thought I'd write an EE on some interesting phenomenon in the western part of the US - it's obviously anglophone and i'm also interested in western US. 

My current ideas are:

reasons of decline in UFO belief/sightings in the US since the 1990 (like, X-files no longer aired, the Internet, new trends etc) - my teacher said it's too "useless" for an EE (like, it's not too scientific), but it approaches some cultural phenomenon, so i'm not giving up on it yet

why is there decline in western movies production/interest in western genre (shift in mentality - westerns are racist towards native americans, for example) - my teacher suggested I'd choose one western movie and seek racist motifs in it, I might end up doing it, but it's not exactly what i wanted to do, since it doesn't help understand why we don't watch westerns anymore

ghost towns? llike comparison of a ghost town in Oregon and one in Nevada. i thought ghost towns were a huge thing in the western states and they kinda play a role in pop-culutre, but i'm afraid it would be too geography or not too specific

I mean, i know my ideas aren't perfect but I don't have much time left and I don't know how and where to start... 

• Like 1