TOK Presentation

So I've got my topic and all of the necessary parts (knowledge question, WoK, AoK, knowledge framework, etc.), but I have no idea where to start with the actual presentation structure. Do I start with the RLS and what it is? I feel like that would be too much in the content and not enough in the knowledge of the content, if that makes sense. (But on the other hand I wouldn't know where to put the RLS otherwise). How should I develop the knowledge claims? (Obviously start with claim then counterclaim, but do I start with WoK and AoK or work them into the knowledge framework and just focus on the ones I've chosen - methodology and historical development). Last question, what exactly does a "good" link to personal knowledge consist of?

• Like 1

I hate to break it to you, but you might not have anything if you don’t have RLSs 😞 If all your KQs, AOKs, WOKs, etc. are without context and aren't related to any real life situations, then I'm not surprised you're struggling to find structure. 

You need to "reboot" a bit and start from scratch. Start with a RLS and extract the KQ, then explore it generally, further extract narrower KQs and finally related those back to New RLSs. In the process, incorporate the ideas you have if it makes sense, but don't force them in. 

Share your RLS here and extracted KQ here if you want feedback 😄

Actually, I have one (had one since the beginning) I just needed to know where to put it in the actual presentation. I'm doing it on the IRA in Northern Ireland, focusing on the weapons raid in April of this year where a reporter named Lyra McKee was killed and the question is How does shared knowledge create social campaign? And basically I'm gonna talk about historical development and cyclical history (repeated what the old IRA did) and methodology of the shared knowledge. 

If it's just a question about structure, the official guide offers a diagram:

pres%20flow%20chart.JPG

Start with an overview of the RLS, then explain how you came to your general KQ from it. Explore and elaborate on the TOK related issues, drawing and evolving them into new KQs which, in turn, you relate back to other new RLSs. Please note: you only spend a very short time at the start talking about your RLS before de-contextualizing the conversation to discuss the KQ in general.