Hey everyone, 

This is my first post on this website but I would really appreciate the help because I am going to be starting the IB next year and our teacher wants us to write a personal statement. Although, he hasn't given us clear steps to write it so I would like to know how to start with my statement. I have 2 weeks to submit it.

What do i start with? 'My name is Asma'u and and ...... years old..... I come from.... or does it have to be more professional? I could really use some help. 

That seems like a good start, if you haven't already I would ask your teacher for more guidelines. I would maybe include some hobbies, maybe your reasons for choosing IB and some general info about yourself.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 7:17 PM, AsmauG said:

Hey everyone, 

This is my first post on this website but I would really appreciate the help because I am going to be starting the IB next year and our teacher wants us to write a personal statement. Although, he hasn't given us clear steps to write it so I would like to know how to start with my statement. I have 2 weeks to submit it.

What do i start with? 'My name is Asma'u and and ...... years old..... I come from.... or does it have to be more professional? I could really use some help. 

Hi,

Could you give me more details?  Is it a personal statement for universities? Or just a class assignment? Be unique, be you, find your voice/passion and let it flow. 

I have many years of uni counseling experience and would be happy to help, just reach out.

Cheers,

Rob