Food Chemistry EE topic help!

TMM

Hi, I'm doing Chemistry for EE and right now i've been looking to do something food-chem related. I've talked to my supervisor to discuss some ideas, but they've all been rejected as they are more for IA rather than EE. What can I add to an RQ to give it the extra depth it needs?
My original idea for a foodchem question was: How does ____ ( physical property, eg. grind size ) of _____ (any food, eg. ginger, coffee beans) influence the amount of _____(compound in food, eg. Gingerol, Caffeine) that can be extracted from it?
I also thought of something like how the coating of effervesence tablets affect the rate at which it dissolves.

As you can see, my topics seem to be too simple to carry out but I can't rack my brains to come up with an extra layer of depth. Any tips?

Hey, so I didn't do a Chemistry EE to give you specifics, but some general advice:

If you google 50 Excellent Extended Essays, there's a series of exemplars released by the IB and they have at least 3 Chemistry ones. Those should give you an idea of what kind of standard you're aiming for in terms of complexity of your question/analysis as all of them have been selected for being very high scoring. I personally found them useful to help me clarify the final direction of my EE.