New math course prep help?

djjfj

Hey Guys

Iam starting DP1 and im confused whether Math application SL is meant to be practiced by using Math SL past papers or math studies past papers.

i asked some people but they just said that it is a new course and is a cross between the current studies and SL course, so how should i study as i cannot practice using the textbook all the time and cant possibly wait until the specimen papers are out.

Practicing past papers is really not the best the preparation for Applications/Interpretation SL or any IB course. There is simply no time to learn everything in A/I SL in few weeks. The best is to make sure you know everything well you learnt up to now. For example there are grade 8-10 exercises at KhanAcademy and you should make sure you can do them without a calculator with high accuracy. Some essential skills include working with fractions and decimals and negatives, simplifying fractions, finding prime factorization, simplifying radicals, expanding product of two binomials, factoring a quadratic, solving linear equalities, solving system of 2 linear equations by substitution and by elimination.

In general for all of your IB subjects, make you sure know how IB and your school's assessments work and weighted. We have the official IB guides here