mel123

Here are my current subjects: 

Art HL

English LangLit HL

Business and Management HL

Math Applications and Interpretations SL 

Chinese B SL one year

DT SL

I want to do marketing in the future so I am not really sure if I should stick with art HL or replace it with psych HL? or should i just keep it?

It honestly depends on which subject you like.

I will still give you my frank opinion.

It all comes down to the point whether you are an artistic person or theoretical person. Psychology is a lot of memorisation and theory. While visual art really needs you to be good at art and creative enough to get that prized 6 or 7.

Presently looking at your subjects I feel you already have taken 2 essay based subjects at higher level namely BM and Eng HL. Its upon you whether you would be able to handle another essay based subject that is pyschology. 

Pyschology is quite interesting but man do you have to write In the papers and there are lots of case studies too.

While I have limited knowledge regarding Visual Art but according to me you should only take it if you're seriously passionate about art and design and can work through it patiently because it is in no way an easy 7.

Your choice.

Edited by djjfj

Visual Arts HL is a difficult one to get a 7 in, it requires a lot of work in terms of man hours. Psychology on the other hand is an easier 7. Either would be good as background for marketing, so I would go with whichever you are interested in, and if that's an even tie between the two, then Psychology would probably be a better selection.

Honestly, I think the choice is up to you. You've already listed the pros and cons for both your choices, and now you just have to decide which path is better for you. 
I'm going to be a senior in IB doing the full diploma this fall, and I think my first year was not actually that hard. I had: 
IB Psychology SL 
IB Chemistry HL 
IB Biology HL 
IB Math HL 
IB French SL (because I'm in Canada) 
IB English SL 

At my school at least, HL means I would take the course for 3 semesters spread out through my junior and senior years in high school, and SL means I would take the course for 2 semester spread out through my junior and senior years. For example, since I am taking HL math, I had 1 semester of math last year, and I will have 2 semester of math in this coming year, which is a total of 3 semesters. Similarly, I took SL English, so I had one english class last semester, and I'm going to have one class this year for example 
https://artscolumbia.org/category/literary-arts/drama/ 

In terms of the workload, I think it depends on how many extracurricular activities you have, how much time you dedicate to homework, and how much you procrastinate. I must say, I think I spent about 2 hours a night procrastinating doing random stuff, and I usually went to bed at around 11:30-12, with all my homework done. However, I didn't have that many activities that required a lot of time. I only volunteered at a retirement home once a week on Sunday, had tutor every wednesday for an hour, and sometimes stayed at school for an extra hour and a half for various activities. Its less than what you seem to be doing. 

What I did enjoy was being around all of my friends. I would have maybe 3-4 classes with some of my best friends, and we would become really close as the year went on. IB full diploma is a great way to create your own little niche of friends, who you may have many classes with. 

I had one friend who practiced piano everyday, had driving lessons, helped out at her dads office, completed all her homework, and still went to bed at 9:30 every night. It really all depends on what you plan to do with your time and how much homework you want to do on a nightly basis. 

Also, look into some universities of interest and see if they require you to take the most challenging courses possible. I know for a fact that most ivys like to see that the courses you take are the toughest ones offered at your school. 

Edited by bella21