Are there any universities that accept/have accepted students who failed the diploma?

Pandamoonium

I struggled way too much with the IB and ‘finished’ with 19 points. Yay. Ive been trying to redo exams but its too difficult and its not looking too bright for me. I got a 2 in math and a 3 on 4 subjects and 5 in English. Anyone with any tips as to what to try next and how to recover/move on from this? Im planning on doing my last take on the math exam in the may 2020 exam sessions. I really want to get into a university though but it doesn’t seem possible at this point.

Hi, first of all, the DP is REALLY hard, so ease up on yourself! There are many many paths in life.

I am a former HS principal of IB schools, IB coordinator, DP EnglishLit/ToK teacher and university counselor. I've placed many students who scored low in the DP in universities around the world.  PM me more details and let's find your path.  This is not an advert.  I'm offering free support. 

Cheers,

Rob

• 6 months later...

Hi, I too go through the same problem, where I only scored a 19 out of 45. I feel bad that its really hard for me to go for the retake now. I finished my exam at the 2019 November session. I don't know what to do next. I'm just stuck here with no clue. Please help me find a way. I really feel like will I wont be able to join any universities with these marks. I feel I really am useless after all.