Physics IA help/advice

Enterbot3

Hello there, 

After weeks of struggle I have finally decided on a topic I find interesting. My experiment will revolve around Young's experiment (Double slit diffraction) where I will be shining a light through the double slit to investigate their diffraction. I would like to use different forms of colours such as red (longer wavelength, lower energy) and green (shorter wavelength, higher energy) and investigate the effect of light on the fringe spacing or light intensity.. I am not sure what. Also is this too basic or too complicated as I am trying to aim for a high grade 7 as my teacher is, lets just say not that good. 

Also I am aiming to go to cambridge or physics to study physics but would like some advice on how to prepare and if possible, what grade you got in the year 12 summer mocks and how that compares to your predicted grades

For anyone who has achieved a good mark on their IA, what advice would you give to me or anyone for that matter

Young's experiment is way too simple, as it is an SL topic. Consider exploring a topic where the physics cannot be described by a simple well-known formula. Or start from topics that are not discussed or not discussed thoroughly in the syllabus. 

For university admissions, many have their past entry physics exams posted online. So a good start is to look through those. 

Hmm. I get your point. 

What about how does the area of a laser contribute to light intensity? I want to do on waves but cannot seem to find an area of interest that is quite difficult. I agree that my question was too simple. 

Or how does the choice of material (medium) affect the critical angle?

I am slightly frustrated with this situation as my teacher expects me to come up with a full preliminary experiment and topic question by Friday.